Thursday 30 July 2015

The Teacher's 21st Century Toolkit - Assessment Specialties

Teachers often ask, "How can I use technology to assess my students?" There is no quick answer for that one.  I think teachers picture themselves walking around the room with a handheld device and effortlessly clicking away, a few seconds a student, for perfect record keeping.  Actually you can do that, but you first need to examine what your learning goals were, decide what devices you have available and think about the result you would like to have.  Is it a spreadsheet, anecdotal comments, captured video, captured written response or perhaps audio recordings?  As with students, teachers must ask themselves, what is the best program to meet my needs?  Below is a Prezi with 5 varied applications that were either specifically designed for assessment or can be adapted for evaluation purposes.  I'm not a huge fan of the Prezi app (I get dizzy easily, and the element placement layout and linking can make me crazy) but I thought it might be a nice change and would adequately hold my examples.  Use the arrows and click on the links for student examples.  Hope you find something of interest! 







No comments:

Post a Comment